Monday, June 29, 2009

Please pray for a special friend

I have a friend in Winnipeg who may be experiencing difficulties.He said he wanted to take a break from chatting with a bunch of friends, and there were some chilling posts on his facebook wall...the first stating it was his last day with his car, then the second was that he was going to go to the hospital. The sudden urge to "take a break" from friends, the car post, and the hospital post scare me.I hope it is nothing too serious.He is a great guy and I care about him.He has gotten me through loneliness and was there to talk to me through hard times.I am not much of a big religion preacher, but I don't know where else to go....If I could magicaly help him I would, but I have no such powers, but God can.My friend hasnt said what was wrong...and the way things have turned out so far..it scares the living crap outta me.Why is whatever is happening, happening to him?Someone once said, that people are a gift from God...this friend is one of the best gifts from God I ever got, and I am grateful and praise and thank God for that....


Evening Prayer for my friend in Winnipeg (GJS)

Baruch Hashem! Let us all say: May the One who blessed our ancestors --
Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Matriarchs Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah -- bless and heal the one who is ill: GJS, son of Abraham. May the Holy Blessed One overflow with compassion upon him, to restore him, to heal him, to strengthen him, to enliven him. The One will send him, speedily, a complete healing -- healing of the soul and healing of the body -- along with all the ill, among the people of Israel and all humankind, soon, speedily, without delay, and let us all say: Amen! Amen!!

No comments: